Friday, November 6, 2015

A Cheesesteak Through The Heart

Being near Philedelphia yesterday, I was given the very important dire imminent task of finding 'the best place for cheesesteaks that is open after 8pm'. 

I did what I thought would deliver the best results with an even bias towards all restaurants: Google.  
I googled 'best cheesesteak in Philly'. I used the top 7 page results and started a tally.  I wrote down every restaurant listed in all 7 top lists and kept a count of all listed. Most of them had at least two mentions from sites including food.com, Yelp, visitPhilly.com and tripAdvisor. 
The results lead us to three options.  
Of the three options, there were two that were closed...which meant we were destined to have Dalessandro's. 
D's was mentioned in 5 out of 7 of the sites. D's is also one of Jimmy Fallon's favorite places (to mention on TV). 
Honestly, I felt it was very lite on the cheese, especially for a cheesesteak. But the rest of it was great!   The steak was very tender and juicy. It was well cut and topped with some great sautéed onions. The bread was also very fluffy and easy to chew. I'd give it an 8 out of 10. 


No comments:

Post a Comment