Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Three Days To Kill

Had three days off again this week. This is the last three day stretch off before the tour ends.  
I decided to spend this last stretch doing the least amount possible. I ended up watching a lot of movies and DVDs, and napping a bunch. 
The Peanuts movie was really cute. The end of it made me think of myself as I related to Charlie Brown:
Charlie: "why would you want to be pen pals with an insecure, bumbling fool like me?"
RedHead: "because I don't see you that way.  You're a very funny, humble considerate person..."
It's funny (not in a humorous way) cuz Jenn and I just had this conversation together.  I told her how I see myself and how I've accidentally gotten to where I am.  Then she told me how she saw me and how I've worked hard and have done the right things to get where I am.  

Perspective makes a difference. 

Unbroken. 
A great movie about one mans journey as a prisoner of war in Japan.  Such a great story and very well told. Even though it was slow at times, it was still intriguing and inspiring. 

Tomorrowland. 
I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie. I thought it was pleasantly delightful. I'm not much for movies where the moral of the story is saving the environment, which I thought that's where the movie was heading, but it became so much more and bigger than that.  I thought it was worth watching. 

Bridge Of Spies. 
Tom Hanks as a lawyer for an alleged Russian spy during the Cold War. Again, based on a true story.  I loved every bit of it.  Again, a slow paced movie, but the drama sucks you in and the characters were great!  So many funny parts. 
"Aren't you worried??"
"Would it help...?"

American Horror Story: Freak Show
Tv series. 
I think this entire series is so well done every season. The writing isn't always the best, but the actors are so good at what they do it more than makes up for when the writing isn't as spectacular as normal. I think this last season of Freakshow has become my favorite. Jessica Lange gave an amazing performance all the way through.  Kathy Bates and Evan Peters also gave very strong performances as always.  

Horrible Bosses 2
Not a terrible movie, but definitely the least favorite movie I've watched the last few days.  I'm ok that I watched it, but I don't think I'd ever watch it again. Not good enough for a second viewing. 


Beyond the movies, I got to spend a great dinner conversing with one of my set friends, Rachel.  She lives in Nashville, so it wasn't a common event that we would be in the same city at the same time with a few hours off. So we took advantage of that at BurgerUp. 
We will probably get to work again before the end of the year.  Got a couple more projects before 2015 comes to an end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment