Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Drop In The Bucket List

Today I was able to cross something off my bucket list: learn to surf. 
I took a 90 minute lesson that was beyond amazing. The first 20 minutes is learning technique on land on the board. The last 70 minutes is spent in the water surfing.  
The techniques on land all made sense.  So transferring it to water was pretty easy, but it's also still a tiny bit tricky. 
Luckily for me, and my ninja heritage, I mastered surfing on my first try!!  Mastered for about 15 seconds!!!!  Then I fell a lot after that. Lol. 
I would say I was able to stand 5 out of 20 attempts. Not too shabby.  It was so exhausting!  The waves were higher than normal, so there was a lot more tide to push through to get to the waves. 
Overall it a great experience that I'm so very glad I tried. 
After the lessons, I went to the dog beach. I was expecting more dogs...
After walking too far down the dog beach, I found myself having to backtrack 1/4 mile to get to civilization. 
Once there, I was lost, but I knew I needed to find a way back to San Diego. I was able to download an app giving me public transit in SD. For $9 I was able to take the bus and then the monorail system. I went for a short walk and was able to find this place:
A few blocks in, I came upon this place, which does NOT carrot shirts with their logo on it. So I didn't eat there:
Ended the day with a movie with some of the crew.  We went and watched The Martian.  I enjoyed it. 
And now it's time for bed. Another show date tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment