Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Vegas. Day 2. Part 1.

Woke up, packed up and put all my stuff back on the bus. 
Ate a little bus-lunch of fig newtons and granola bars then headed out. First stop: the Vegas Monorail.  


$12 for an all day unlimited pass. Kinda spendy, but I needed to go to the south end anyways. A cab is $20 one way. 
Took the monorail as close as I could to Mandalay Bay.  This meant passing by several landmarks including Excalibur
The MGM Grande
New York New York
The Luxor
And a couple others. 
My first destination was the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef Aquarium. It was a little disappointing, especially after being spoiled by Georgia's Aquarium. 
I still got a couple decent photos. 
I opted to add on a second experience which was the Sea Monsters Exhibit. 
The SME had several sea creatures that had been plasticized just like they do with the Bodies Exhibit. 
Shown above is the dissection of a grouper. 
The insides of a moray eel. 
Inside a large sunfish. 
A left-eyed flounder. Notice that both eyes are on the left side. Hence the name. 
The octopus was really cool too. 


Then I had to head back to the hotel for a bus cleaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment